1. What made you decide to have WLS surgery?
I had enough of my weight limiting my life.
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
Pre surgery was 152, highest was 162, goal is 65-70
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Not yet. I’m 11 months post op and 77kg
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
So much stronger, fitter and healthier.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
I’ve had trouble with my tummy being a slow emptier so have new medication.
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
The bariatric community is amazing. Working on the mind stuff is what’s most important.
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
Becoming fit and finding out I’m actually strong and agile.
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Do it!! Do lots of mind work.
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery?
Best is not constantly thinking- will I fit? Will Sears hold me? Hardest part- a6 weeks of struggling to keep much down. I should’ve told my surgeon sooner.