I wanted to get my life back, I had given up on ever being happy again, I was at the end of my rope. I was "going to be fat forever"
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
My highest ever recorded weight was 155kg. The goal is to be happy, healthy, strong and fit, I can proudly tick off 3 out of the 4
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
I feel 1000% better, I can walk more than 1km and not be dripping with sweat, I can run/jog, play footy, train in boxing, wear clothes I take off the rack most of the time without trying it on. I feel happier, I'm fit, I'm motivated, I'm passionate, I love being active and fitness. I'm the same person but different and the same time.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
Yes, I have no regrets
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
That now when I want to do something, there is no one and nothing that will stand in my way, I used to shy away from so many things, but now I'm all in. I do what I want to do, not what others think I should do. I give it my all and more when I workout, I get into my zone and go hard. I know my limits, when it's important to rest, but I also know what I have to do to get it done and to see the results. No more excuses.
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
I never thought I'd ever fit into a size 12 or 10 anything, I was happy if I got to a size 14 - 16.
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Make sure you're ready mentally, it's a huge mind game, your body changes to rapidly and it can be hard for your mind to keep up. If you have food addictions or disorders, sort them out first or they become worse. No one ever tells you this, but weight gain is NORMAL! It's ok and it happens to everyone. It can be down to diet, exercise, building muscle, hormones, stress, trauma, anything. It happens and you're not a failure.
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery?
My love and passion for fitness, I believe it's kept my mind right, my weight stable and made me strong.