1. What made you decide to have wls surgery?
I wanted to start a family one day and I wanted to be a healthier me after being bullied for most of my high school life for being a big girl.
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
At my heaviest I was 165kgs. Currently 95kgs and my goal weight is 82kgs
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Yes, I wanted to get under 100kgs which was a big goal for me.
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
I feel so much happier and healthy.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
I had my gallbladder out before my sleeve surgery. I have had 2 surgeries after my sleeve surgery to fix internal scar tissue.
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
I learned to enjoy food a lot more
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
Yes I was surprised at how quickly my weight dropped off
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Do plenty of reading and research. I have no regrets but I wish I did this many years ago
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
Finding a new relationship and making new friends. The hardest part was watching my marriage break down but it was for the best.