1. What made you decide to have wls surgery?
My children and I was so unhappy all the time, couldn’t walk or play with my kids because of a back injury.
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
My weight was 137kgs (303.6lb) and I am already at my goal weight 69 kgs ( 152.1lb)
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Yes and more
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
OMG having the surgery changed my life so much in a positive way! Words can’t describe how happy I am now!
5. Were there any problems along the way?
Just one I just had to have my gallbladder removed first and only time I had gallstones
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
Absolutely but I would have done it a lot sooner in my life.
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
My confidence, self worth and health improved, a lot.
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Do the Research on all options of surgery find out which one suits you better and join Facebook bariatric local communities near you, asked lots of questions also most surgeons have a patient Facebook page hook up to that as well so you can see the work that he or she has provided for their patients
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
By far being able to play with my kids and I have a job now after 12 years, the hardest part for me is still seeing a big girl in the mirror