1. What made you decide to have WLS surgery?
I wanted to live, and not miss a thing, instead of just existing.
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
Prior to lap band (2012) 178kg. Day of revision to RNY (2018) 132kg. The goal was 80kg. Currently maintaining at 69/70
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Surpassed all weight, fitness, and health goals.
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
Alive, included, free. All the good feelings.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
None. It's been a dream run.
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
Yes, just sooner. Much, much, sooner.
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
Everything you think you can't do, you can. Every goal you set, you can achieve. And it feels so good to! I told every single person I met at work when I first managed to do a push up!
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
Fitness is fun! It's a stress release for me. It's time to socialise. And with the help of my trainer, I've done things at 40, that never would have believed possible.
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Ask questions. Take photos. Join the community on social media. And get excited for yourself!
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery?
The hardest part has been recognising and accepting the new version of me. It's also the best part, seeing the worth you had all along.