1. What made you decide to have wls surgery?
21 and facing the possibilities of never being a mum. Medical history of type 2 diabetes (uncontrolled on insulin) pcos. Had been overweight sine 12 years old. Spent all of my teens overweight.
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
101 pre surgery, heaviest at 16, 118kg. No goal weight set at time of surgery. Currently 70kg
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Didn't have a set goal until recently and am 1kg off goal
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
I feel fantastic, diabetes stable, pcos controlled, 3 children with natural conception.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
Yes. I would do it again in a heart beat
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
People's change in attitude. Being able to have kids and keep up with them. Being able to shop for "normal" sized clothes.
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
Yes 3 children that I was told I wouldn't have without assistance.
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Stick to your pre op. Prepare for restriction years down the track. Just Do it.
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
Falling pregnant and becoming a mum. Hardest part would be eating out and the waste.