Greek Meatball Mezze Bowls
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅜ teaspoon salt, divided
- ⅜ teaspoon ground pepper, divided
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled (see Associated Recipes)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 cups sliced cucumber
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup tzatziki
Prep 35 m Ready In 35 m
- Squeeze excess moisture from spinach. Combine the spinach with turkey, feta, garlic powder, oregano, ⅛ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl; mix well. Form the mixture into 12 meatballs. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray. Working in batches if necessary, add the meatballs to the pan and cook until browned on all sides and no longer pink in the center, about 10 to 12 minutes. (An instant-read thermometer inserted in the center should register 165°F.) Set the meatballs aside to cool.
Combine quinoa, lemon juice, oil, parsley, mint and the remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Divide among 4 single-serving lidded containers. Top each with 3 meatballs, ½ cup cucumbers and ½ cup cherry tomatoes.
- Seal the containers and refrigerate for up to 4 days. Divide tzatziki among 4 small containers and refrigerate.
- Before serving, transfer the meatballs to a microwave-safe container and heat until steaming. Return to the original container and serve with tzatziki.