- 400 g (14 oz) ripe banana
- 6 eggs
- 4 fresh pitted dates
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 60 ml (1/4Cup)macadamia nut oil, coconut oil or cold pressed olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 70 g (1/2 cup/ 2 1/2 oz) ) coconut flour
- 20 g (1/4 cup / 1 oz) chia seed (see notes)
Preheat your oven to 150°C / 300°F (fan-forced).
- Combine banana, dates, oil, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs and baking powder into a blender or food processor and blend until creamy and combined - alternatively you can do this by hand in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut flour and chia seeds and mix through.
- Rest for 10 minutes to allow the chia and coconut flour to expand.
- Lightly oil one loaf tin and then line with baking paper - The size I used was: 10 1/2 cm wide and 26 cm long.
- Spoon batter into the tin - at this stage you can decorate the bread with flaked coconut of sliced banana before baking.
- Bake for 50 - 55 minutes (a skewer inserted into the centre should come out dry).
- Cover the top with foil if over-browning.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before turning out the loaf. Enjoy.
Notes and Inspiration
To pump up the protein – Add 2 tablespoons of BN Pure PRO powder, or a vanilla/ plain flavoured powder of your choosing