Vitamins & Minerals
BN Cal - Calcium Chewable Tablets
90 Chewable Tablets
Strong bones & teeth
The Food and Drug Administration has not evaluated these statements. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Getting enough calcium is a challenge for Weight Loss Surgery (WLS) patients, but our BN Cal can make it easier for you to continue your day.
BN Cal is a tasty chocolate vanilla flavour chewable tablet containing calcium and vitamin D, which are involved in the development and maintenance of bones and are essential for cardiovascular health.
Adequate dietary calcium is required to maximise bone health. A diet deficient in calcium can lead to osteoporosis in later life. Calcium may help prevent osteoporosis when dietary intake is inadequate.
Calcium plays a role in various enzyme systems responsible for muscle contraction, fat digestion, and protein metabolism assists in synthesising neurotransmitter and nerve conduction.
Calcium Citrate is superior to Calcium Carbonate and is best for absorption after WLS.
BN Cal meets all major nutritional guidelines:
- ASMBS Guidelines call for 1,200-1,500mg calcium per day for patients most bariatric procedure types
- Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) approved for safety and purity
- British Obesity and Metabolic Society Guidelines 2020
- European Guidelines on Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
Contains milk products, gluten, sulfites, sucralose, sugars, lactose and 2.18g of sugar alcohols per max daily dose.
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
Included Added Sugars
|Vitamin D3 500IU (as cholecalciferol)||12.3mcg||62%|
|Calcium (as calcium citrate tetrahydrate)||600mg||46%|
|* % Daily values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.|
** % Daily value not established.
Other ingredients: Lactose, milk flavor, xylitab 200, sugar alcohols, sucralose, fructose, mannitol, gluten and sulfites, vanilla and dark chocolate flavor.
Take 1 tablet 3 times daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Chew or crush tablets completely before swallowing. Do not swallow tablets whole. Take at least 2 hours apart from iron.
- If you have had gastric surgery and experience persistent nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or other symptoms, contact your healthcare practitioner.
- Keep out of reach of children
- Products containing mannitol and xylitol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.
- Do not use if seal is broken or missing.
- Store below 77F.
Carefully formulated to target your concerns.See all the benefits
Tasty chewable calcium tablet to support healthy calcium levels Post-Weight Loss Surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our Qualified Nutritionists are here to help you make the best choice when it comes to you and your health.
Calcium citrate is the best absorb because after WLS, the production of stomach acid is limited, and affects absorption of minerals including calcium and iron. Larger daily intakes are required for life after surgery.
The ASMBS Weight Loss Surgery Nutritional Guidelines indicate WLS patients require between 1300-2500mg daily to maintain healthy bones, teeth and cardiovascular function. Calcium is also required for fat loss.
Due to the restriction in the amount of food after Bariatric Surgery, and the interruption to the absorption of calcium, meeting your needs from food alone is no longer possible. Daily supplementation is required as part of the commitment to maintaining health after WLS.
Long-term calcium deficiency can lead to osteopenia, osteoporosis, dental caries, and is a key player in maintaining regular heart beat.
Yes. When calcium is taken at a dose higher than 400mg - it should be separated from iron supplements or iron rich foods. Anytime over 60 minutes.
- Sharen T.Verified BuyerReviewingBN Cal - Calcium Chewable TabletsI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 days agoCheweys
Very easy to take on a daily basis and tasty as well
- Leonie R.Verified BuyerReviewingBN Cal - Calcium Chewable TabletsI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoBn Cal
Calcium chewable tablets are great.I like the taste
- Kevin S.Verified BuyerReviewingBN Cal - Calcium Chewable TabletsI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoGood
- Sherree C.Verified BuyerReviewingBN Cal - Calcium Chewable TabletsI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoSo tasty
I love these. Very palatable when having them with my multivitamin capsules. Thank you
- Louise F.Verified BuyerReviewingBN Cal - Calcium Chewable TabletsI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars3 months agoDoes the job
A little bit chalky but does what it says! Gives me the calcium I need.