- 2 scoops of Tasteless Collagen
- 1 medium potato, peeled
- 100g of canned tuna (or thereabouts), drained
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 slice of day-old bakery bread, dried and
- Extra virgin olive oil, to fry lightly
- Add fresh or dried herbs to add your own choice of flavour
- 1 egg, beaten lightly into a bowl
- 1⁄2–1 cup of breadcrumbs in a large bowl for coating tuna balls
- Cook potato in a saucepan of simmering water until tender. Drain and mash. Combine Tasteless Collage, tuna, mashed potato and egg in a bowl.
- Using both hands, rub the bread between your fingertips and thumbs to crumble it finely into the mixture (otherwise, use a food processor) and combine all ingredients well.
- Using clean hands, shape tablespoon portions into small balls, dip them into the beaten egg mix, then dip into breadcrumbs and toss/pat to coat. You can place it in the fridge for about 20 minutes to chill.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Place balls into a frying pan. Gently turn the balls when golden brown and repeat this process until the balls are cooked (approximately 2–3 minutes per turn).
- Transfer balls to a plate lined with a paper towel to drain.
- Tuna balls can be served warm or cold with some chickpea dip (i.e. hummus)
- for dipping.