Strawberry Buckwheat Pancakes
- 300ml almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 75 g blanched almonds
- 100 g buckwheat flour
- 100 g rice flour
- 2 level teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ripe banana
- olive oil
- 350 g seasonal berries , such as strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons Greek yoghurt
- Pour the milk into a blender with the vanilla extract, almonds, flours and baking powder. Peel and add the banana, then blitz until smooth.
- Place a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Once hot, for each portion of two pancakes add 1 teaspoon of oil to the pan with 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake.
- Push some sliced strawberries or whole berries into the batter, then cook for 4 minutes, or until nicely golden on the bottom (the first pancakes are always slightly awkward as you’re adjusting your temperature control).
- Flip over, apply a little pressure with an egg flip and cook for 2 minutes, or until golden on the other side, then transfer to a plate, fruit side up. Wipe out the pan with a ball of kitchen paper and repeat the process.
- Stick the sprig of rosemary into the maple syrup bottle and use it to lightly brush syrup over the hot pancakes. Top each portion with a dollop of yoghurt, if you like, and serve with extra berries on the side.