Pumpkin-Ricotta Protein Pie
2 cups 100% pure pumpkin puree, canned, without salt
2 eggs, large
1 cup milk, non fat (skim milk)
1 cup ricotta cheese, part skim
⅓ cup Natvia for Baking or Splenda Sugar Blend
2 scoops BN Pure PRO (Whey Protein Isolate)
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
1 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
2 ounce package pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Spray 9-inch pie dish and 4 small ramekins with non-stick spray.
- Blend ricotta cheese, eggs and ½ cup of milk until smooth, it should be liquid-like.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour liquid mixture into sprayed cooking dish, decorate with pecans on top.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until middle is set and fairly solid. It should not jiggle when fully cooked. The sides and centre should brown and grow up to double its size. If you experience over-browning on the top, reduce temperature to 180ºC for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Cool for 1 hour before cutting. This also allows for the pie expansion to settle.
- Slice into 12 even pieces with a clean knife. Wipe the knife between each slice for a clean cut.
Tip: If you decide to use a crust (such as graham cracker, or regular pie pastry, you will need to adjust the nutrition information and calories upwards accordingly.
Serving Size: One slice of pie after it's cut into 12 pieces
Cholesterol: 33 milligrams
Carbohydrates: 10 grams
Sodium: 151 milligrams
Fat: 3.5 grams
Protein: 6 grams
Dietary Fibre: 2 grams
Sugar: 8 grams