Poached lamb with spring vegetables
- 2 cups (800ml) Massel Beef Style Liquid Stock
- 1 bunch baby (Dutch) carrots, trimmed
- 1 bunch baby turnips trimmed
- 8 kipfler potatoes, peeled, halved if large
- 4 eschalots, halved if large
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed
- 1 cup (150g) podded broad beans
- 120g green beans, trimmed
- 2 x 270g lamb backstraps, trimmed
- Basil pesto, to serve
1. Place the stock in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Season, bring to a simmer, then add the carrot, turnip and potato. Cook for 6-8 minutes until tender.
2. Add the eschalot, broccolini, broad beans and green beans, then cook for a further 1-2 minutes until tender. Remove vegetables with a slotted spoon and divide among serving bowls, mashing a little potato against the side of the pan, using a fork, to thicken the stock.
3. Slice the lamb as thinly as possible then divide among the bowls. Pour over the hot stock (the stock will gently cook the lamb), drizzle with pesto, then serve.