1. What made you decide to have WLS surgery?
The constant struggle to lose weight and the anxiety I got around people because I thought they were judging me on my size. I hated the way I looked and felt
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
103.5kg and my goal was 70kg, I’m now 60kg. Winning!
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Yes plus some
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
I have so much more confidence, my anxiety isn’t as bad and I LOVE who I am.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
Yes, I was rushed to hospital 2 weeks after my surgery with pulmonary embolism (blood clots in my lungs) it was very scary and painful.
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
For me one of the inspiring things I’ve noticed is how people have looked up to me for what I have done and it has inspired them to be strong to make the same decision. They now have happy healthy lives too just like me
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
I found people were nicer to me and I got a lot more attention than I had ever from males. As a single girl this was flattering but also I felt sad because I as a person hadn’t changed, only on the outside.
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Ask plenty of questions to put your mind at ease on what is going to happen. Prep meals before surgery to get you through your first 6 weeks. Then after that live the best life you can and enjoy the journey.
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery?
I really wanted to share my story with you as I’ve been using your products since my surgery in July 2019. Before my surgery people felt the need to remind me how fat I was, this negative talk wasn’t good for my mental health and I started to withdraw from everything and everyone because I took on board what people were saying. I’m now 43kgs down and for the first time in probably forever I actually LOVE the way I look and feel. Sadly people now feel like they need to tell me I’m too thin now. This time I’m choosing not to listen because I love me now. I’m happier than I’ve ever been, I’m more confident than I’ve ever been and for the first time I also feel attractive. I hope others on this journey feel the same way about themselves as I do.