1. What made you decide to have wls surgery?
I have been big all my life, I lost my baby last year and thought ok, I need to do something for me
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
Heaviest weight was 170kg... no specific goal weight, just to feel better in myself
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Haven't finished the journey yet, still a long way to go
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
I feel so much better, I can run around with my little boys outside, and I can fit in chairs again!
5. Were there any problems along the way?
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
Hell yes, 100%
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
It is NOT the easy way out, there are so many obstacles and it is HARD! But I wouldn't change it for the world!
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
I never thought I would wear jeans!
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Stick to it, you can do anything! IT IS WORTH IT!
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
Being healthier for my children, and hopefully healthier to have another baby in the future. The hardest part is trying to train my fat brain that my little tummy can't handle food like it used to!