Chronic health issues, felt as though as I was quickly dying, was no longer in control, and I was extremely unhappy with the person I had become.
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
112kg’s prior to surgery, my goal is to reach 70kg’s, I’m currently 75kg’s
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Not yet but still early days, I am only 6 mo the post op
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
I feel great, energized, happy, easy to move, not exhausting to walk or go upstairs, chronic health issues have improved.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
None at all.
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
Not to be ashamed of what becomes of weight loss, it’s now a new journey and struggle of excess skin but to learn to love who you are and your new improved, healthier body, be excited by the energy and positive moods.
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
Everything is unexpected, I tried not to have an expectations to avoid disappointment, so everything has been great.
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Be committed, it’s not the only tool, this alone will not save your life and make you happy, you have to want to change the type of food you put in your body, and be ready for it to be a life long commitment.
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery?
The very best thing is no need for medication for a chronic health condition, no monthly jabs. The hardest part is the social aspect, hard to go out to dinner and socialize