1. What made you decide to have wls surgery?
Better quality of life
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
1 yr sleeve anniversary Pre op 120kg, surgery 113.5 kg, now 75.74kg Lost cm Neck 8, arm 11.5, chest 31, waist 30, hips 33.5, thigh 20
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Yes now have more energy and flexibility
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
I am able to participate more. My favourite past time is pole fitness which I'm able enjoy even more.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
Remembering not to eat to quickly
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
Wished I had of done it earlier
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
That I have even had to get smaller shoes
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
The surgery is a small part of your journey. Your mind is the biggest hurdle, have support with family, friends, other wls people and professionals.
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
New lease of life