1. What made you decide to have wls surgery?
My health was declining and getting out of control
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
Before surgery 129kg, currently 77kg goal is 70kg
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Almost there and only 10mths post op
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
I feel like I need to make new memories with my daughter now
5. Were there any problems along the way?
Not really except the mind
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
YES without a second thought
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
I continually take photos regardless of how I feel as when I see the difference its staring at you rather than your mind playing tricks
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
Yeah I wore my first bikini EVER for my wedding anniversary on the weekend
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Just prepare your brain and make sure you are doing it for you. Put yourself first and compare yourself to no one as everyone is running their own race and we are just the support along the way.
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
Best thing is being able to be the happy mum and actually do things with her lik climb a climbing gym rather than the mum sitting on the sidelines. Hardest thing, having to see the food waste for me and I am now seeing loose skin which is effecting my mental health.