1. What made you decide to have wls surgery?
I had literally tried everything else.
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
96kgs at my heaviest. Goal is 68kgs.
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
I did. Then fell pregnant. 🙄😂
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
Like I should have done it years and years ago. I felt like less of a person when I was bigger, which is ironic and silly.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
None. Had an amazing surgeon and dietitian.
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
I would. But knowing how sick I would feel immediately after surgery puts me off….. it was horrible……
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
My confidence is back. I’m happier. I feel so much better. And I can actually choose clothes that I like rather than what fits and hides me.
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
Improved sex life with my husband. ❤️😂😜
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
Don’t over think it. It’ll be worth it. I know food rules your life.l now, but it won’t forever. And you can still taste that good food. You just won’t need as much…..
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
Buying clothes that I actually want to wear and make me feel and look good. Not just buying things in my size that cover me. Hardest part - reminding myself to eat healthily. Don’t go for the chips. Have some fruit instead. Daily battle.