- 2 scoop BN Fibre
- 500g lean beef mince
- 100g onion, chopped (cooked & cooled - use raw if you don't have time)
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 80g low fat cheese, grated
- 10 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 200°C (180° fan-forced) and line two trays with baking paper
- Place mince, veggies, cheese, BN Fibre and sauce in a bowl and mix with hands well until combined.
- Take 1 sheet of filo, spray with cooking spray and place another sheet of filo on top. Repeat this process until you have 5 sheets of pastry
- Carefully cut each pile of sheets long ways in two, so you have 4 rectangles.
- Divide the meat mixture between 4 rectangles and shape it into sausages along the filo
- Roll the filo and meat mixture up to form one large sausage roll and spray the roll lightly all over to help seal, repeat with other rectangles and then cut into small pieces
- Pop the sausage rolls onto prepared baking trays and cook for 20-25 mins. They should be golden when cooked.
- Please note that there will be some liquid that comes out; if the bottoms are a bit wet, flip over and bake for 5-10 mins to crisp up if desired.
- You can serve these by themselves, with a salad or even sweet potato chips.
70 calories per roll