- 1 1/2cups rolled oats
- 1/2cup almonds can use other nuts
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 4tbsp maple syrup
- 1tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1cup pitted dates soaked in boiling water for 15 minutes then drained
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- These can be enjoyed either raw or baked in the oven.
- Pre-heat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Line baking tray then set aside
- In a bowl, mix together oats, nuts, vanilla, 3 of the 4 tablespoons of maple syrup and coconut oil until well combined.
- Spread evenly over baking paper lined tray and pop in pre-heated oven for 10 minutes (keep and eye on it though as some ovens may take a shorter time)
- Remove from oven, add coconut, mix together and pop back in oven for up to 10 minutes (again keeping an eye in it)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- (Leave oven on at this stage if baking the mixture at a later stage)
- Blitz dates until they form a sticky ball.
- Add peanut butter and remaining 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and blitz again.
- Add both mixtures together and combine well.
- Press into pan (I used a 20cm x 20cm pan)
- At this point you can choose to either leave it raw or bake the mixture.
- If leaving raw, place in fridge/freezer to set then remove and enjoy.
- If baking, place into the oven which is already at 150 degrees celsius for 15 minutes (keep an eye on it once again due to varying ovens)
- Once baked, allow to cool then enjoy.
104 calories each