One Bowl Chocolate Cake
- 125 ml Grove avocado oil
- 125 ml almond milk
- 125 ml pure maple syrup
- 4 organic eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 60 g dark cocoa powder or chocolate
- 300 g (3 cups) almond meal
PREHEAT oven to 160°C (320°F) fan forced.
COMBINE avocado oil, almond milk, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla into a bowl.
ADD the baking powder, chocolate and almond meal.
MIX well until combined.
SPOON into a 20 cm baking tin lined with baking paper.
BAKE The cake for 45 - 50 minutes or until cooked through.
REMOVE from the oven and cool.
- GENEROUSLY spread with ganache or healthy avocado chocolate frosting and enjoy
To make the avocado frosting combine the flesh from 2 ripe avocados,
125 ml (½ cup/4 fl oz) pure maple syrup, 125 ml (½ cup/4 fl oz) coconut cream, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 60 g (½ cup/2 oz) dark cocoa powder and a generous pinch of sea salt. Blend until smooth and use as the frosting for the cake.