Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 15 mins
Total Time 25 mins
Author: Urvashi Pitre
- 1tablespoon sugar
- 5cups whole milk
- 4tablespoons Splenda/ similar, baking blend
- Vanilla extract to taste
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar into a pot that will fit inside your Instant Pot, and place over direct heat until the sugar is melted and browned. Be careful not to burn it.
- In a blender, mix together all remaining ingredients and carefully pour on top of the caramelized sugar.
- Pour one cup of water in the bottom of the electric Instant Pot, put in a trivet, and place custard pot on top of it.
- Cook at High Pressure for 5 minutes, let the pressure release naturally.
- Put the custard in the fridge to cool. Once cooled, unmold gently and serve cold, perhaps with some whipped cream for additional fat.
- Makes 4 very generous servings.
Nutrition facts per serving (100g)
124kcal | Fat: 6g | Saturated fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 131mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 166mg | Carbohydrates: 10g | Sugar: 10g | Protein: 7g | Vitamin A: 6.5% | Calcium: 12.2% | Iron: 3.2%