- 2 carrots, grated
- 1/2 cup LSA (linseed, sunflower and almond meal)
- 1 tsp each ground cinnamon and ginger
- 1/2 tsp each ground cloves and nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup ( honey
- 1/2 cup ABC (almond, brazil and cashew) nut butter (or any nut butter)
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 cup pecans, roughly chopped
- 1 cup white sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 cup shredded coconut
PASSIONFRUIT TAHINI DRIZZLE
- 1/4 cup white tahini (unhulled is better)
- 2 tbs honey
- 4 passionfruit
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 18cm x 27cm baking pan with baking paper.
- Combine carrot, pecan, sesame seeds, coconut, LSA and dried spices in a large bowl with a pinch of salt and ground black pepper. Stir through egg until combined.
- Combine honey, nut butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, lemon juice and fresh ginger in a small saucepan over low heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until smooth and combined.
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir to combine. Transfer mixture to prepared pan and level the surface with a spatula.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until set and caramelised around edges.
- Cool to room temperature, then place in the fridge for 2 hours to firm up.
- For the tahini drizzle, combine tahini and honey in a saucepan over low heat with 1/2 cup (125ml) water.
- Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until smooth and melted. Remove from heat.
- Halve passionfruit, then scoop flesh, seeds and juice into pan and stir to combine.
- Cool slightly, then pour over bars and allow to set before serving.