- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 brown onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- 1/2 capsicum pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1/4 can black beans, no salt added, rinsed and drained
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 2 scoops of BN Pure Pro - WPI
- 2 large whole-meal tortillas
- Shredded cheese, salsa, or hot sauce for toppings (optional)
- In a large non-stick fry pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Add the onion and sauté until it begins to soften about 3 minutes. Add the cumin and chilli powder and stir until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add the bell pepper and sweet potato and cook until tender, 8 minutes. Mix in the black beans and warm through, for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl with BN Pure Pro - WPI and beat lightly with a whisk. Wipe out the pan and return to medium heat. Add the beaten eggs, season with salt and pepper, and scramble until cooked through 3 minutes.
- If you’re serving right away, warm the tortillas in a low oven or the microwave. Place the tortillas on a work surface, and fill with the sweet potato mixture and the scrambled eggs. Top with grated cheese, salsa, or hot sauce, if you like. Gently roll up the burrito, tucking in the ends tightly.
- Serve the breakfast burritos warm. Or cool completely, tightly wrap in plastic or aluminium foil, and freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat frozen burritos, wrap a burrito in a paper towel and microwave at medium power for 2 to 3 minutes. Or defrost an aluminium-wrapped burrito in the refrigerator overnight, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C), and bake for 25 minutes.