Asian Chicken Noodle Soup
- 300g snow peas
- 2 carrots
- 1 long red chilli
- free-range chicken breast fillets
- 2 tbsp kecap manis
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 440g udon noodles
- 2L boiling water
- 1 tbsp neutral-flavoured oil
- Prepare Ingredients. Trim stems from snow peas, removing the strings from one side, then halve on an angle. Peel carrots, then shred using a julienne peeler or coarsely grate. Peel an finely grate ginger. Thinly slice chilli, removing seeds if less heat is desired.
- Make stock. Add the chicken bone broth into the 2L boiling water and stir to dissolve.
- Poach Chicken. Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the ginger, stirring, for 2 mins or until light golden. Add the stock, bring to a simmer, then add the chicken. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 5 mins. Remove from the heat and stand for 4 mins or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Slice Chicken. Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a board and rest for 5 mins, then thinly slice. Return the stock to the boil, then stir in the kecap manis, fish sauce and 2 tsp sesame oil.
- Soak noodles. Meanwhile, put the noodles in a large heatproof bowl, cover generously with boiling water and soak for 5 mins, using a fork or tongs to gently separate the noodles after they start to soften. Drain.
- Get ready to serve. Add the carrot and snow peas to the stock and cook for 1 min or until just tender. Divide the noodles among bowls and ladle over the soup and vegetables. Top with the chicken. Scatter over the chilli and drizzle with the remaining sesame oil to serve.