NO-BAKE Carrot cake bites
- 3/4cup peeled and finely shredded carrot (~1-2 carrots as recipe is written)
- 1cup packed pitted dates (measured after pits are removed)
- 1 ¾cups raw walnuts (or sub other nut, such as pecans or cashews)
- 2tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4tsp sea salt
- 3/4tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2tsp ground ginger
- 1pinch ground nutmeg
- 4-6Tbsp coconut flour (or sub almond flour)
- 1/4cup raisins (optional // or sub other unsweetened dried fruit)
FOR TOPPING optional
- 1/2cup desiccated coconut flakes
- 8tsp soft, runny coconut butter (or store-bought // if hard, soften in the microwave
- Grate the carrot and set aside.
- To the food processor, add the pitted dates and blend until small bits remain or a ball forms. Remove from food processor and set aside.
- To the food processor, add walnuts, vanilla, salt, and spices. Blend until a semi-fine meal is achieved — about 15 seconds. Then add the dates and shredded carrot back in and pulse in 1-second increments until a loose dough forms and the carrots are just incorporated. Be careful not to over-blend. You're looking for a pliable dough, not a purée.
- Add coconut flour 2 Tbsp at a time and pulse to combine
Stir manually if the mixture is not taking in the processor . You’re not looking for a paste or purée here, but a tender, crumbly dough. Once well combined, add raisins (optional) and pulse/stir once more to combine.
- Scoop out 2-Tablespoon amounts using a cookie scooper, roll into balls with hands, and place directly onto a parchment-lined baking sheet or serving platter. Repeat until all dough is used up. If the bites are too sticky to roll, add a little more coconut or almond flour to dry the mixture out.
- Roll in finely shredded coconut (optional) and enjoy immediately or refrigerate to chill/firm up. Or, if topping with coconut butter (optional), place bites in the freezer to chill for 10-15 minutes, then top with fresh coconut butter (if butter is not pourable, warm in a double boiler or in the microwave until a runnier consistency is achieved). After topping with coconut butter, chill bites another 5-10 minutes to set.
- Store covered in the refrigerator up to 1 week or in the freezer up to 1 month.