To improve my health and reduce inflammation. A better quality of life with CF/FM/IBS.
2. What was your weight prior to your WLS, and... What’s the goal?
103kg and goal is 64 kilos
3. Did you get to the weight you wanted?
Yes so far- 5 kilos to go! But very happy with each stage of weight coming down.
4. How do you feel now that you have had the surgery?
Ecstatic to wear all my old clothes, all test results are back to normal and looking the best in 12 years.
5. Were there any problems along the way?
The food - getting used to portion size and different eating habits - knowing when to stop and what foods to avoid.
6. Would you do it again now that you know what you know?
Yes I would. I would recommend it to anyone who struggles with weight and has struggled all their life. I am weight and struggle free finally. Best thing I have done for my health in years.
7. What are some of the inspiring things you can think of that you have noticed along the way?
The advice and information on this website and the group. My confidence, my moveability and the continued support of the BN family.
8. Did you have some happy unexpected surprises?
How fast the weight fell off.
9. What advice do you have for anyone preparing for surgery?
All surgeries are different - just go with a positive attitude knowing your body is worth what you have to go through and . ....it will get better.
10. What is the one very best thing that has resulted from your surgery? What has been the hardest part of your journey?
The movability. Stopping myself falling into old eating habits ....eat less!